|First... Envision It.|
Imagine what the painting could look like - FIRST. Then paint it.
When the painting matches your original intentions, it's done.
Then... move on to your next imagination!
This idea is from my Four Cs before starting a painting:
1. What's the Concept
2. Color Combination
4. Commit to your Original Concept
4 Cs for my painting The White House
1. Concept - My vision of a newly elected President moving into the White House.
2. Color Combination - Red and gold, plus black and white.
3. Composition - Golden Section.
4. Commitment - I kept my focus on the White House.
Stick to it!